LIVE YOUR PASSION
Frederique Constant was established in its current form in 1988. Aletta Bax and Peter Stas launched their first collection in 1992, comprising six models fitted with Swiss movements and assembled by a watchmaker in Geneva. Frederique Constant is involved in all the stages of watch production, from initial design to final assembly. Watches manufactured under its trademark are either designed by Frederique Constant or by independent designers contracted for a specific series of models. Strong emphasis is placed on watch design to keep abreast of trends and customer preferences. Frédérique Constant uses cutting-edge computer software, principally computer aided design software, to assist in the watch design and development process.
LET MORE PEOPLE ENJOY LUXURY
Our mission is not to restrict the interest in Frederique Constant watches to a limited and elitist circle of connoisseurs but rather to a broader selection of appreciative enthusiasts who want to enjoy high quality classical watches at sensible prices. Frederique Constant has exhibited at the World Watch, Clock and Jewellery Show in Basel since 1995. As the company flourished, Aletta Bax and Peter Stas decided to move to Geneva themselves, to develop the brand in the heart of this watchmaking capital
HAS BEEN CREATED FROM TWO NAMES
Frederique: Frederique Schreiner 1881-1969
Constant: Constant Stas 1880-1967
The current Managing Director of Frederique Constant S.A., Peter Stas, is a 4th generation descendant of Mr. Constant Stas, who founded his company in 1904, making printed clock dials for the watch industry.
Already in the early 18th century, Geneva became known as a major center for the creation and production of fine timepieces. Since then, the Genevan watchmakers have risen to unparalleled heights in the Art of Horology. The first users of timekeepers were astronomers who were responsible for the most significant inventions: the pendulum clock and the watch balance spring.
The new Frederique Constant manufacture measures 3200 square meters, divided over four floors, offering an attractive working environment in the sectors of movement component production, calibre assembly, watch assembly, and extensive quality control. Numerically-controlled machines of the latest generation are located in a large atelier in the basement, where all component manufacturing is concentrated. Calibre and watch assembly, as well as state-of-the-art quality control is primarily organized on the first floor of the new Frederique Constant building. The building is also the brand’s international headquarters.